Temple of Creative Arts Open House
Sunday, June 15, 2019 • 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
529 E Main St
In February of 2019 the Congregation of B’nai Jacob gifted the synagogue to AGPAF.
The main building was designed by Ottumwa architect George Kerns in a Renaissance or Deco Venacular style. Construction was completed in 1915, and it was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places in 2004. The attached gathering hall and kitchen were added in 1950.
AGPAF will conitnue to honor the heritage of this incredible center of faith by creating a new legacy as a Temple of Creative Arts.
The building will serve as a gathering for intimate theatrical performances, recitals, art shows and more. The hall and kitchen will serve as rehearsal space for local organizations, as well as be available for family celebrations, showers, birthday parties, quinceañeras and weddings. Please join us for this sneak peak into our future!